Screen Actors Guild or SAG nominated Ernest Borgnine for lifetime achievement award. Ernest Borgnine, the veteran actor of screen favorites such as "Marty," "McHale's Navy" and "The Poseidon Adventure" seems to punctuate every story with at least a little chuckle, and more often than not, a long and loud laugh. Borgnine was in his Hollywood Hills home recently, recounting a call from Screen Actors Guild president Ken Howard, who told him that he would receive the group's lifetime achievement award, to be presented on the SAG Awards tonight at 6 on TBS and TNT. "He said, 'We've nominated you. Would you accept the fact that you are to be the winner of the Screen Actors Guild Award?' "Borgnine said. "And I said, 'But am I worth it? Really. It comes down to that. What have I done, really? But, hey! I'm not going to turn it down.' "

Borgnine said his philosophy about acting came from his early days struggling in New York, when he spotted a sign on a chestnut vendor's cart: "It said, 'I don't want to set the world on fire. I just want to keep my nuts warm.' " More Borgnine laughter. "I always found out one thing," Borgnine said. "If you laugh, people laugh with you. But if you just sit there, nothing, people go, 'What's the matter with him?' So, laugh, man. That's what life is all about."Really this would be very nice for an aged veteran actor to get lifetime achievement award!